Monday, May 23, 2011

Ippudo Ramen Singapore



I have read many good reviews about Ippudo Ramen. They had their  first ramen stall with only 10 seats in Fukuoka back in 1985, now from stalls they have turned into 54 outlets in Japan, 1 in New York and 2 in Singapore. I was very excited to try the one in Mandarin Gallery, Orchard. Luckily, my colleagues loved food hunting as much as I did so I can dragged them to try this. We reached there around 7pm something and saw quite lines up. The restaurant was not big, but decorated nicely. We waited around 20 minutes before we get seated. I ordered Akamaru Kasaneaji ($15), it's a ramen with pork belly, kikurage and spring onion. I added nitamago (flavored egg $2). We can opted the cook level for our ramen... The waiter will ask us whether we want it to be soft, medium or hard. I chose hard as I don't like my noodles soft.
Akamaru Kasaneaji









 These were what my colleagues ordered: 
Shiromaru Ramen ($15) - More likely same as Akamaru but this one was with Pork Loin and the broth was original without any sauce like Akamaru.
Shiromaru Ramen

This one is Bakuretsu Tofu ($10) - Spicy tofu and minced pork served in hot stone pot.
Bakuretsu Tofu

Even though the presentations was not that nice, but all the menus we ordered were very good. The broth was delicious. I will surely be back other time when I visit Singapore. 

Ippudo Ramen
Mandarin Gallery  #04-02
333 Orchard Road
Singapore
Ph. +65 62352797






No comments: