Monday, July 11, 2011

Babi Guling Chandra Bali


I was actually aiming for Ibu Oka rather than Chandra, but according to our driver, Ibu Oka opens around 11am while my husband is the type of person who need to have his breakfast early. So we headed to Babi Guling Chandra who opened earlier around 9am. I was never a fan of pork, but I was very curious about this place as Ibu Oka and Chandra was always at the list to go places for those who visited Bali. 


Babi Guling Chandra was located at Teuku Umar street and the place was quite big. It was designed like typical Balinese restaurant but moderate one. We ordered Babi Guling special (30k) & one ordinary (25K). The difference was only on the portion of the meat, special one came with more meat.

Babi Guling Spesial
Babi Guling Biasa
I can't give fair review on this one as again, I was never a pork lover so when the dish came, I was like... haiiizzz too many pork attack, no vegetables at all. When I ate it, I found that pork smell which I never like and too many oil. Again, it was not a fair review. My husband found it ok although not as special as we thought it would be. After we finished, my driver said that Ibu Oka was still the best one, so we will surely pay a visit to Ibu Oka next time we visit Bali. =) 

O yes, make sure to buy the Krupuk Kulit Babi Asli (40k) and Pie susu (2,5k) at Chandra. It was very very yummy. The pig skin crackers was fresh, not smelly and very crunchy. The pie susu was like egg tart, I thought it will be very creamery and milky but turns out not. It was yummy, to me it tasted better than the famous Macao egg tart.

Babi Guling Chandra
Jl. Teuku Umar 140
Denpasar - Bali
Ph. +62361 221278


No comments: