Monday, January 9, 2012

[CLOSED] Revisited: Taiyo Sushi

Ever since my first visit to Taiyo, I have been wanting to pay a second visit as it was a love & hate first visit. Lovin' the sushi but hatin' the service. When one of my favorite web, Disdus.com features promo from Taiyo Sushi, I immediately bought the vouchers.


Tonight I went there with my husband. I bought 2 vouchers at that time with the promo package of 1 Special sushi roll + 1 tempura selection worth 48k. The waiter passed us a small paper with a list of sushi & tempura selections to be chose for our vouchers, as we have 2 vouchers so we can choose 2 types of sushi rolls and 2 tempura selections. We went with Taiyo special roll (53k), Spicy mozarella salmon (53k), Yasai tempura (32k) and Karaage (32k). For the non vouchers selections, we added a plate of Salmon sashimi (32k) and Salmon mentai (17k). After we finished ordering, I just realized we chose a bunch of salmon.

Taiyo Special Roll (Salmon, kyuri, crunchy topped with aburi salmon)
Spicy Mozarella Salmon (Mozarella cheese topped with aburi salmon)
Yasai Tempura (mixed vegetable tempura served with tempura sauce)
Salmon Sashimi

I think it was a very good deal from Disdus as the actual price of our package worth 85k, so 40% off as I only paid 48k. The portion was huge and we found all the food was delicious and fresh. My favorite was the Yasai tempura, it came in big portions, nicely fried and very attractive presentation. 

My second visit was meant for me to edify whether it was a love or hate against Taiyo. It was love. The service was flawless tonight and so was the food. Nicely improve since my first visit which happen to be only on their second day of opening at that time. 

Taiyo Sushi
Jl. Pluit Putera Raya No. 17
North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 6631652

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thx for your comment..
Its mean a lot for us
I have read your first testimony too lol

duniabiru said...

apparently the restaurant already closed....

Ivy said...

Ah yes... I've been meaning to update it since i saw it closed few weeks ago. Thanks for reminding! :)