Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lok Yuen Beef Ball King Hong Kong

The last time I went to Hong Kong before this trip, I picked up the free booklet of places to dine in Hong Kong. Inside one of the recommended place was Lok Yuen which was famous for their meat balls. I didn't have the time to look for the place last time, so this time I was very happy when I found it. 


In the book was written the address was on Fa Yuen street in Mongkok. After wandering around Tung Choi street for the ladies market, we went to Fa Yuen street and I was very happy to found it as it was really uneasy to ask local residents for directions, so I really count on the map. When we reached there, both me and my friend felt full as we just had street snacks around Mong Kok, so we decided to go to Argyle Centre first to do some shopping then head back to Lok Yuen for dinner.

Stepping out Argyle Centre, we spotted Lok Yuen other branch across the street. We went in and looked at the menu. I ordered Beef ball noodle ($26) and my friend chose Lok Yuen specialty noodle soup ($40) which had varieties of meatballs from beef ball, black peppered pork ball, pork ball, fish nugget, fish dumpling, squid ball & fish roll. We can choose the type of noodle, I went for rice vermicelli while my friend went for the noodle. 

Beef Ball Noodle

Lok Yuen Specialty Noodle

I can let you know with confidence that they served one of the best beef balls I ever eaten. It was very savory. Love it!

Lok Yuen Beef Ball King
11 fa Yuen Street, Mong Kok
Hong Kong
Opening hours: 6am - 10pm
Guidance: MTR exit Mongkok exit E2, walk down Nelson rd (many electronic shops) and look for the sign of Fa Yuen street, 2 lines beside Nelson road.


No comments: