Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rati Rati: Japanese Roll Cake


Rati Rati is a cute little bakery from Japan specialized in soft roll cake. The chef pastry had won an award in Patisserie division in Japan on 1998, and the place has emerged to five branches there. I was informed that the chef pastry flew all the way here to baked the roll cake him self while training the local chef. The place was opened on April 2012 and located next to one of my most frequent visit place at PIK, Nasi Pedes Little Ubud, so it was not a new thing to me but as someone who is not really a sweet tooth, I never found myself wanted to try this, not even after I heard and read numerous good reviews about it.

Couple days ago, after a lunch with bestie at Kira Ramen, we felt the urge to keep our conversation going in other place, and Rati Rati was the chosen one. I heart their design concept, very bright with cheerful orange and white colour. The moment we stepped in, we were greeted with a giant tower of macaroons and the beautiful aroma of pastry. Despite of being someone who not really into desserts, I was literally drooled looking at their cakes display. They were all so deliciously tempting. 



Found my self having hard time on choosing one, I felt like a child in a candy land forced by her mom to only pick one. I ended choosing Ange rouge roll (Strawberry roll cake) with vanilla ice cream 28k, and my bestie chose Ange blueberry roll (Blueberry roll cake) with vanilla ice cream 28k. 



Made from natural ingredients to ensure low calorie and low cholesterol, I inhaled after the first bite. It was so good! The sponge texture, amazingly was so light and soft, filled with generous strawberry cream and jam. It was very much not the same as most of the roll cakes generally, the lightness on the texture was worth a compliment. The vanilla ice cream was okay, melted quite quickly though but it fits well with the crunchy flakes. My bestie can't stop raving about her blueberry roll cake as well. I actually like her more than mine as I felt the blueberry aroma was stronger than the strawberry one. 

I might not be coming back much often but the place is a definite place to be for people who love desserts. You won't be disappointed. 


Rati Rati
Rukan Cordoba Blok G No. 5
Pantai Indah Kapuk
North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 56945804

No comments: