Sunday, May 26, 2013

Colette & Lola


The first time I heard about Colette & Lola, a new cakery concept from Ismaya group was during Jakarta Culinary Festival on 2012, and ever since I have been waiting impatiently for it to open. Not because I am a sweet tooth, but more to the fact I always love almost all restaurants under Ismaya. Getting more anxious when I learned to know the pastry chef, Steve Diaz, have had a promising international pastry career in England, Lebanon, Cairo and America. So several days after the opening of Colette & Lola, I dragged hubs to accompany me there. 

Colette & Lola located in Senopati area, below the also quite new eatery, Yeyo. The place is cute, colorful and pretty with blue, pink and yellow dominated the room. They sell variety of cakes in whole and slices, cupcakes, macaroons and cookies. 



The staffs were friendly and have a good knowledge on each of the cakes. We ended choosing Hazel nutcracker (28k) and Mumble crumble apple (28k). The cakes came shortly and I was amazed on how smooth my spoon cuts on the cake, and the flavor was deliciously rich. Not overly sweet, light, with chocolate, cream and crumbles of peanuts inside. It was delicious! Sadly, the mumble cracker was not good. With apple, crumbles, and vanilla cream put inside a sloki (read: small glass normally use to drink tequilla), the flavor to me just didn't match, I didn't feel any apples, the vanilla cream on the bottom was too thick and I smelled and felt some sort of herbal scent which was too strong and weird to be on a sweet dessert. 





We were given a complimentary of macaroons with flavor of rose berry and hazelnut, and it was really good. Thin crust and surprisingly decent level of sweetness. Love it! I would say along with their tags "Life is bitter, cake me away to Colette & Lola", they would cake many sweet tooths to their cute outlets again and again. 


Colette & Lola
(Under Yeyo Lobby & Eatery)
Jl. Senopati No. 64
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221  29002997


3 comments:

crazy lil outspoken girl said...

I just wandering thru your blog and read almost every posting you had written! Lol
A nice foodie blog... Keep posting, ivy! :)

Novarinna Tan said...

pengen banget ke sana.. too cute cake's cafe.. Btw.. aku suka banget blog km.. dari sini aku bisa tau updatean cozy resto lounge & off course the price :)
Thanks for sharing..
Following you :)

Chic Swank

Unknown said...

This is very interesting dessert place to try. Thanks for sharing.