Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year Note

Happy new year everyone!

Can you believe it's 2014 already? I know I have been saying this sentence way too much, but I couldn't help but to think on how time flies. Earlier today I just read about Suri Cruise, the oh so cute daughter of Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes, who just turned 7! Can you believe that she's 7 now? I swear it was just like yesterday when I saw Tom jumpin' on the couch at Oprah's showing how much he loves Katie and yet it was 8 years ago! Time really moves too fast.    

Anyway, a little note to start on my first post in 2014. I wish I could share on how blast I was last year, but my 2013 has not been that great. I feel I have wasted a whole year without making any big difference in my life. Sure, there are great blessings, but if I look back, last year just seems too... Vanilla. Plain without any toppings. It's not that I don't love vanilla, vanilla is good, way better than having rocky road, but you know, a bit of strawberry would be nicer.

To be completely honest, I feel like I have been too caught up with how I thought life's supposed to be and what the society expect, that I end up pleasing almost everyone but myself, prioritized people's need more than mine. What's forgotten by me is this saying, "In a world full of people expecting something from us, always remember the most important person to please is you". When I first heard the saying quite some time ago, it felt too egocentrism for me to understand, but lately it makes more sense to me.

So now, as much as I want life to stop moving so fast, I kinda glad welcoming the new year. It's not about "a new year, a new me" bulls***, but I'm glad how it waken me, resuscitate me to stop wasting my time and start focus on how I want my life to be. Just like Oprah said, Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. And I will get it right this time *finger crossed*.

Thank you so much for sticking with Ivy's Life and I really do wish all of you a wonderful year ahead! 

Cheers,

Ivy

No comments: