Saturday, March 14, 2015

Scandinavian Coffee Shop Gading Serpong


Coffee is not and probably will never be my thing. The only reason I'm willing to go all the way to Serpong to visit a coffee shop obviously comes with reason, and that reason is Lareia.

I've been stalking @lareiacakerie and the owner's instagram @andreasharons for quite some time. The feeds full with pretty pictures of mouthwatering Lareia. When I found out some coffee shops in Jakarta (Fyi, Lareia is in Surabaya), including Scandinavian are serving some of Lareia's best sellers, I was beyond happy. So, few days ago, I dragged my own Mr. Google to this recently opened coffee shop.

The culinary scene in Gading Serpong has been evolving these past few months. Starts with new coffee shops like Turning Point, Flow Coffee and this one, it's just a matter of time to see more cafes with carefully designed concept start popping around. 

Scandinavian located along Ruko Graha Boulevard. The place is small but very homey and cozy. I like the industrial concept they apply. I feel the owner is being smart in choosing the furniture and lighting. Everything, including the small vase of fresh flowers in each table are suitable for picture taking.

   

If it wasn't because I've been hooked to Union's RV, Lareia's Red Velvet Naked Cake (39k) would be my number one. It was so good! Super moist and light. The cheese cream wasn't at all overpowering and the way they spread chocolate and crumbs on the layers just add the extra goodness. If you never taste their red velvet, I urge you too. Like seriously.


The Oreo Tres Leches Cake (39k) was as moist as the RV. I love how they are generous with the oreo, too bad the milk was too strong for my liking that I only dare to eat one bite.

Oreo Tres Leches (39k) & Red Velvet Naked (39k)

Americano (22k) and English Breakfast (15k)
They have variety of coffee from flat white and flavored latte to espresso and caramel macchiato with ranging price from 8k - 32.5k. 
Aside from coffee, they also have standard selection of teas along with flavored frappucino like nutella and oreo. 


At the moment, food wise, they only serve Lareia's cakes, couple of small bites like french fries and chicken wings. I also saw their version of big breakfast on the menu, other than that, no heavy meals seen. 

If I live nearby, I could totally see my self going back from time to time.

SCANDINAVIAN COFFEE SHOP
Ruko Graha Boulevard Blok D/ 15
Gading Serpong
Opening hours: 
Mon - Fri: 8.30 am - 11pm
Sat - Sun: 8am - 11pm 
Instagram: @scandinaviancoffeeshop
Price range: 8k - 47k


1 comment:

Tukang Pos said...

Hi Ivy,
I came to this post after posted "coffee shop gading serpong" over google.
Insightful, brief and gave me enough picture about the shop.
Eventough, without giving enough information about their best coffee. But picture from you give me enough what the shop really want to sell.
Thanks.