Monday, June 27, 2016

MAPLE & OAK MENTENG JAKARTA


As a brunch person, I always have higher interest whenever a new brunch spot is opening up in town, especially one that comes with positive feedback like Maple & Oak. The new kid on the block of Menteng area might just opened for few days when this post was written, but it had gained its own popularity over the social media. 

I made my visit on a Sunday morning with Hubs and was pleased to know that the place wasn't hard to find. It's located inside De Ritz building on the side of Menteng road not far from Taman Menteng. If you are familiar with a Spanish restaurant, Porqueno, they are located at the same building as them.

The venue is quite small but effort on the design despite the limited space was seen the moment we stepped inside the place. Dominated with cheerful soft pastel color, the place fits the brunch concept though looking at the space, it might not be too comfortable to hang out when the crowds start to coming in. Early riser can get their morning caffeinne fix as they open as early as 7am, but do note the kitchen only starts cooking at 9am. 

Maple and Oak focuses in all day brunch. I had a hard time to choose, all the menu looks promising. I end up choosing Maple Butter Brioche (78k) while Hubs went with their Big Breakfast (98k)

Luckily for a place that just opened for few days at my time of visit, the order didn't take long to be served. I was happy to see the pretty plating.

Maple Butter Brioche IDR 78.000,-
Signature maple truffle butter, toasted brioche, beef bacon, strawberries, scrambled egg, rocket salad, baby spinach, cherry tomato and maple syrup.


Ever since my memorable attempt at IHOP and After You with their oh so good maple syrup, I have been waiting to have a good toast with excellent maple syrup, and I'm glad that Maple and Oak delivers. The toasted brioche was soft and fluffy, with delicious maple syrup. I just wish they don't limit the portion of the syrup. But seriously it was good! I didn't really bother to put the butter when I scent that the truffle wasn't too strong. 
Another good thing on the plate was the scrambled eggs, I love how they cooked them soft and runny with great flavor. It was a satisfying plate and I don't mind to have it again on next visit.

Big Breakfast IDR 98.000,- 
Toasted sourdough, beef bacon, beef breakfast sausages, hashbrown, scrambled eggs, sauteed mushroom, cherry tomato and sauteed spinach.

Their take on the big breakfast was also nicely done. Big portion with all items on the plate were nicely cooked and seasoned. Sourdough was crisp and fluffy, again eggs on point, everything was above decent.

No more to say then. Cheers for more great brunch spot ahead! Thank you for reading!

MAPLE AND OAK
De Ritz Building 
Jl. HOS Cokroaminoto No. 91
Menteng 
Ph. +6221 3906757
Opening hours: 7am - 9pm
Price range: 48k - 138k
IG: @maple.oak


No comments: